Saturday, May 13, 2006

Snap

I was browsing through the picture i took with my phone and realised that most of them were in the moment shots. i think i really am a feeling person. heh



this was taken at the mosque compounds on a Friday. It was raining quite heavily. Soon after taking this picture, i join the group of men sitting on the flooded canvas. Very very feeling. I love the rain. And i'll gladly be drenched in rain for the Almighty. Praying in the rain was one of the most peacful things i've ever done. To strip myself of my pride and let the rain embrace every inch of my weathered skin.

I never liked it when people ran in the rain. or sheltered themselves as if acid was pouring from the sky. (well technically, rain water is acidic)
Rain is what connects me with my childhood, my nostalgia.




This picture was taken after my visit to Dr Chen, and clinching a 3 day MC. I was walking along memory lane basically. where i used to queue up in two straight lines, clad in red and blue, trying to unwrap a hazlenut flavoured sweet that made my fingers sticky, and the ever changing playground, that made me queue for a ride on its iron scented chain swings, that made me slide down head first, that made me chase my peers, chased by my peers, losing a button or two, and lastly i was back at Aunty Mala's Shop, the layout has barely changed, excluding the additions of some new display shelfs and sort. Aunty Mala herself hasnt aged that much, she was still the image i had of her when i was a kid.

Back to the picture, being broke after visiting the doc, i was left with only 10cents. So yeah, i got the ice lolly thing. Come to think of it, it never really had an offical name kinda thing. Ice batu, 10cent thing... Neway, i was shocked it was still 10cents. I thought by now they had found an excuse to increase the price to 20cents or something. So they i was, almost skipping back home, with a 3-day mc in my bag and a cool treat in my hand.




This was while me and hajar was uncovering the black plastic that became the background for the MAG noticeboard. MAG was once called Malay Cultural Society. A few theories to why it was dissolved down to Malay Arts Group, is that numbers depleted, so it couldnt be a society, and the introduction of Sri Temasek.
More interesting than the dead bugs we saw.




This is a picture of aunty. A lady that wipes tables and washes tray for a living. I was tryna compare her and the symbolic Changi Airport Tower, i used to call it the "Botol susu" (translated "Milk bottle"). She might have seen the land that construction workers laid cement on for the airport. She might have seen the virgin soil.
Nowadays, generally, i've made it a point to listen to people more. anybody basically. Cos i always happen to find a colourful background, and a myriadic story they'd like to share.

These days, pleasure comes in the form of mee maggi ayam with slices of one chili padi. The best part is when i purposely bite on to one.

I miss the way you made me feel like a little boy. I miss you saccharine voice.

Do i see buds blooming, or buding blooms?
Pahlwan Putih