Wednesday, May 03, 2006

off day

and politics chucked aside. it gets tricky when you're dealing with people drunken with self glory, what ever that maybe, and dont seem to get the big picture. Do i need to hoist up a white flag and sign a declaration of independence?

Anyway today was my first ever approved request for an off day. I spent the whole day with titisan, in light of Arts Festival and PPP. It all started at 9am. Headed to school and got ready for a role as a roaming artist. The concept given to us was 'lagenda'. There was Saloma, PGL, tun fatimah, Satan, Angel, Wanita Melayu terakhir, Farah and myself as... swamp thing.
My costume was inspired by fared's character in In-con(se)quential. I think at this hingusan stage of my life, its perfectly normal to be partly replicating the professionals, and anyway imitation is the best form of flattery. hohoho


i liked the sound of the bells tied around my ankles


Farah, Setan, Saloma, PGL, Angel, Wanita Melayu Terakhir, TUN FATIMAH, and me.


after a two hour break, and washing the MAG logo off my back, we continued with PPP training. It was basically a warm up kinda workshop. i enjoyed it. worth my day off. But im quite worried yeah...

Dan luka darah merata
mungkin susah nak terima
mungkin sukar nak ubah
tetap kata kosong saja

Blog ini, salah tempat untuk terasa.
Oh...Jgn terasa.

I intended to blog this earlier, but due to some unforseen circumstances, it was delayed.

I remembered vaguely that, 25th of April was my mom's birthday. I was working and after my shift, i went to the nearest stores at changi airport. After alot of asking and browsing, i shortlisted a jar of expensive moisturiser and a tiny jewellery box that had a crafted caged bird as the top. Both around the same price. In the end, i settled with the moisturiser.


I felt its the image of my mom's rough hands and cracked feet that made the purchase. I was also thinking of writing her a poem, in the beauty of her sacrifices, that caused her hands to be opposite of what the media protray's a mothers hands to be, soft and almost silky. It could have been the chalk and the markers that teased her skin. The rough edge of piles of papers, stapled, stamped and sent off. The enormous significance rough hands, excites me. I think i will write a poem about that abnd send it as a mothers day card.

For now, its back to work
Pahlawan Putin