Saturday, April 15, 2006

Amorphia

I imagine
My life to be that 5 seconds before the MRT doors slide open. The wait is insignificant, but nonetheless it kills me.
My life to be the 10 seconds after the door slides open, and a coincidental congregation of people rush madly to vie for a spot on the escalator, by any means necessary.
My life to be that second when incovenience searches for his/her ez-link card at the mouth of the gate that would set me free.
My life to be that lifetime i spend waiting for a train, pondering over how many pairs of sole touched the cold fabricated floor, and how many wore off, leaving a trail of cold fabricated sole.

My life is like rush hour at Raffles Place. Midnight, i sit, basking in the stillness of the air, revisiting the day that passed, readying myself for the day to come.


Anyway i have lots to blog about so hang in there.


I think Zah is eccentricly photogenic. She can carry many expressions.
I think i'll call her to model for some more of my pictures.


Wawasan 2020


sayu


Krayon!


ana khinzir, wa zalika khinzir


the evening at the esplanade


That was after outdoor training at Marina Bay, and after their initial plans to go sentosa were cancelled. I kinda missed my camera, so it was really exciting just to be taking photos. Then I had my mesyuarat teragung at As-Salihin, which turned out to be more than i expected. i like.


Anyway,
"You still working at pink blossom?"
(that line has been stuck since whenever.)
Seriously, Anyway,
i wanted to share this

"Assalamualaikum

In this country that i was born and grew up in, that i hope to get married and raise a family and see my children grow up well and raise their own families in, that i hope to make clear sense of life and of living and be able to believe and have my beiefs questioned and requestioned and learn to beieve again in, that i hope to live safely and happily among persons and peoples of various skin colour of various tongues of various gods of various desires of various displacements of vaious vices in, that i hope will never have to see her persons and peoples bear arms and kill and be killed to defend and protect her form harm in, that i hope will take care of me when i grow old and in need of help to clean myself and then die peacefully and be remembered well in... In this country, i learn that secularism often means to deny the self to not threathen the other

Noor Effendy Ibrahim (Producer's Message for Projek Suitcase)"


I smiled soon after reading it. I only got a chance to really read it a few days ago. Salvaged from the depths of my bottomless Under-the-bed.


This would bring me to the anotology of malay plays produced by ekamatra, Bisik. Yes, like Fad, i have been reading the book which featured 3 renowned playwrights, Noor Effendy Ibrahim, Adli 'Alin' Mosbit and Alfian Saat. I read the plays according to no particular order, and the first one i read was already mind bogling.

Ahmad by Noor Effendy Ibrahim
Somehow it reminded me A. Samad Said, due to all the repetitions. Simply complex. but my favourite of his 3 plays would be Cerita Cinta. I liked it very very much. (very very)

Ikan Cantik by Adli 'Alin' Mosbit
My favourite of her 2. Pleasantly hilarious as i've seen/met some of the cast before so i could roughly imagine how hysterical they would be. I liked how it approached the women's standing issue. How it questions.
Now i see the similarity.

Anak Bulan di Kampung Wa’ Hassan by Alfian Saat
Im still trying to imagine how the actor did it. Such a prolific play. I feel like reading it again.
Mr Alfian would be one of the Judges for PPP06.


And this brings me to Pesta Peti Putih 2006 (July 25, 27 and 29)

We had our first briefing + workshop last thursday. It was super. Nice to see everyone contributing energy. even the Nadi-ans. I will look forward to these meetings. Will look forward to working together.
Its times like this, i see the human face of our Malay Arts Group.

The identity that dwells in the corners of our hearts, which only surfaces when we manage to put aside our pride and block out personal desires. And when you see that face, you never want to close your eyes, your heart, or stop the passion from flowing.

6 days left
Pahlawan Putih