Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Pent up

i really need to sit down, blog and organize my thoughts. They're running around, like little kids during engagements, in my head and just refuse to go out of the bride's room. Meaning they always come to mind as they bear huge significance, i guess. And according to Hana the kids just dont want to burn...

heh, part of that paragraph was refering to Hana's sister's engagement.


Thats Rafidah
As i was taking her picture, i couldnt shake off the feeling that i knew her for years already. Actually it applied to the whole family cos maybe i felt so at home.

I had so much fun. firstly it was quite a grand affair, with hantarans and all, and that i visited a community which reiterated diversity, cos throughout the process they were speaking in Tamil. I am sure my late grandfather spoke tamil too, but to see it live and kicking, still being practice is an eyeopener. Even the bride-to-be seem well versed. It ended well with 9 ladoos in my bag, cos i forgot about haider's share. hohoho
Oh, and the food, was delicious, trust me.

Now all i hope is that i can finish editing the pictures for them, before they go all restless. and a shout out to Rizal for taking the trouble to lend me Khelena.


After which i went to catch Fanaa, knowing I'll not get another off soon, for 10 smackeroonies @ GV Tampines. It was those treat-me movies outing.

all i can say it was a dissapointment. it seemed like it was written by more than two writers who compromised (more like couldnt compromise) too much that the vision became blur. I like the starting where they were exchanging verbal poetry, which rhymed in hindi, but it stopped there, like they didnt continue being poetic and all. I like the part where they showed the Islamic side of India. I like the part which justified Kajol's unsurpassed beauty. I like the satire in the begining, and the introduction of Jolly Good Singh, which could have been developed better.
Well, somethings just seem more promising than anything.


on to school things...
This saturday would be my attachment discussion session, i am expecting my acting skills to come in handy, heh.
More importantly, there's a test on Food Safety. Lucky for me Hazel volunteered to straighten out Package 1. So here's a shout out to a saviour.

i felt bad as i think im pulling my weight with my scraps of research i come out with, and the inability to meet up, even online, due to my stupid shift work.

sheesh. and now i have yet to complete the ppp script. ideas are on standby, so i just need time to sit down and rework the script. feeling the presure.


Thinking positive, at least now, im (almost) 2/3 done with my attachment.

And I've seen the disguised blessing.
Apparently it was meeting people more than gaining experience. I meet all sorts of people everyday. But the most interesting are those that work in the store themselves.

Like Jacky, 19, thin stick figure guy with boundless enthusiasm (except when he has to throw rubbish), who is a malaysian, lives in Ipoh, has a motor bike there, youngest of 3 children, staying in sengkang. What i like about him is he brings fresh perspective to my already jaded vision. that is in his richly malaysian malay.

and Agus, 21, pleasantly suprising a balinese from Denpasar (its a sign i tell you, we must pack our bags already) has a band there, plays the djembe, has this really cool tattoo on his right fore arm, somewhere near the elbow, left a cewek there, and has offered to bring me around bali after his 6 months.
Two handsome dudes roughing it out in burger king. I feel less than purposeful there when we're working together. Cos we are like the 3 musketeers.. all standing at the counter, serving the service industry!

Then there's Reshma, a girl who did diploma in hospitality and tourism and also doing attacment there. Indian National from Tamil Nadu. where exactly i forgot. Kesian. Dah indian minority, kena attachment kat lubang taik pulak.

Then there's Aunty Ban Leng, fiesty thin stick woman who's doing overnight shift to provide for her mother and herself. She does 5-10 at NTUC, somewhere in pasir ris and goes straight to bk. Very annoying but i still try to talk to her.

Then there's Shiau Yoong who blanjaed me and jacky McFlurry. she's the team leader and wraps burgers in 3 seconds flat. very nice lah. So thats my tour of the people behind the counter top.
one more month, one more month.


So for now, i just need to organise my other thoughts. and be further prepared for 2006, the year people pick fights with Irfan.

Meyeluk perkasam, biar sampai ke pangkal lengan

Rasa-rasa rasa terasa?
Pahlawan Putih