Saturday, October 22, 2005

Lantai T. Pinkie
by A. Samad Said

I thoroughly enjoyed reading the script/book. There was just something about the repetitive speech of the characters, the odd names – mainly T. PINKIE, the poetic description of their life/love, the touch of politics present, the homogenous mix of harsh reality and hopeful dreams, the rawness, the characters and their characters and lastly, the monologues that made me flip each page of the book with intense anticipation. In the book, T. PINKIE and WAK MERDEKA/ JONGKIDIN displayed an initial reluctance to cupid’s arrow but in the unexpected end, they learnt to love. Though short lived, they learnt to love (again). The common “Love is blind” message was interestingly pictured, size and smell of someone’s body, age of a man in relation to a woman’s and occupation.

“Punggung tonggekmu itu masa depanmu, Pinkie”

The character I could most relate to would be JONGKIDIN / WAK MERDEKA / NAKHODA PAWANA TAJAM. Go figure.

Anyway, im trying to make it a habit to drop by the Library after Friday prayers, and bring home some books. Lucky for me, last Friday, Lantai T. Pinkie was within my reach. Curiosity brewed from a couple of lyrics that had bits of this story woven in them. Now I can safely say I know the story of T. Pinkie, si penari Bunga Joget Moden nan berkebaya merah jambu dan berpunggung ratu. (okay I needed something to rhyme with jambu).

< 2 days to finish that book. I need more!!

Now im in a state of khayalan. Its always the case, after every good book or movie. The belief that one day, a happy ending, no matter how short, will come by my way. Insyaallah.

Im beginning to question the path im on. What opportunity He has given me seems to be pointing to one direction which im not supposed to be heading to. Im confused. Im practically annoyed (& annoying at the same time) lah. And so it seems every new person I meet, it’s like I’ve known them for years…somewhere in fantasy, in virtual insanity (yes that’s a title of a song). Just the other day at the NYPMS ifthar, I had a chat with a few guys from PBMUKS and it almost seemed like I was staring as I tried to figure out where I met/seen them before. Same thing for Ms Anisa Mehdi. It was almost I’ve met them all before.
Maybe someday I’ll figure it out. Maybe baby…

Condolences to Izyan and her family for the loss of her grandmother. Moga Allah mencucuri rahmat atas rohnya. Amin.

Its 3am and i cant sleep. Bad sleeping habits.. shoot.

“Seperti pujangga lama aku hanya mendengar desir angin memberitahu awan akan menjawabku dengan hujannya”
Pahlawan Putih