Wednesday, August 02, 2006

TSIOGE

Hyper dictionary defines ego as

[n] (psychoanalysis) the conscious mind
[n] your consciousness of your own identity
[n] an inflated feeling of pride in your superiority to others

and an egoist as

[n] a self-centered person with little regard for others
[n] a conceited and self-centered person


I abhor being labelled an attention seeker (thanks aida) or an egoist. I feel that it is so untrue to myself, that i must be defensive. It is the worst insult anyone can give - Torture someone by blaming a bloated fragment of that someone. Really sucky, especially if its not true.

I fullertonically hate being in the lime light. I hate it when people look at me, waiting, expecting and just blindly staring. I hate to trouble people. I hate being put in a spot. I hate it when im the only one talking. I hate it when people dont get their ideas and emotions across. I hate having to guess how people feel. I hate having to be a narcissist.
I hate. So i guess that makes me an egoist. I'll try not to deny.

furthermore, after 5 months of hardwork, i think i deserve to have my moment, undisturbed by worry of what others think. And if that involves being an egoist, then be it. I think i'd have every right to be an egoist for now.


A friend told me that if people reminded him to be humble,
its usually like a defense mechanism on their part,
he'd say "its not for me to slow down for you, its your duty to catch up",
yet be humble by all means.

It was a mini-enlightenment.
People, when 'endangered', would pull, those that threaten them, down to their level with these presumptious expectations of us going arrogant and pompous. Not all of us are glamour stricken bozos, wanting to make a name for ourselves.


and yes aida, i havent attain that level of not taking into account what people think, cos i still am a narcissist. Feedback to feed engines of improvements. In short i care what people think. I need to be more subjective next time, taking into account only people that may actually be thinking.


Nominated for all awards... that was f***ing enough lah. to be considered is such a compliment already.

I still remember fahrul telling me he like the script. shaza also said something similar, and she really showed her passion to it. nadia zanial said something in her blog about it. that was more than enough lah.
(subtracting the fact that some labelled it as empty. just because we dont do slapstick, doesnt mean we're the ones having problems with it.)

I hate how the awards overshadowed the actually performance. although it was just acceptable.

I REALLY SHOULD START THINKING POSITIVE THOUGHTS

yay yay kita menang nya pementasan rawks!
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Egotisitcally happy,
Pahlawan Putih