Friday, December 09, 2005

Lelembut

From the start till the end, it was pure entertainment. Be it wacky or scary, it was pure entertainment. I enjoyed the fact that it was intellectually challenging to understand. I could only imagine the amount the research that had to be done for such a script and production. I also liked the fact it touched on the ‘stories’ we hear e.g. Bruce Lee’s death, Neil Armstrong hearing the adzan on the moon etc, and questions their reliability.

I think there’s a story behind the story. There’s a lesson. A message to be sent across. But im not sure what it is. Still piecing up the story with my memory of the scenes. I wish I had a recording of the piece. Or a script. or someone who has a good memory of it. Still a lot to decipher – cos every action has its justifications...

The random turns tickled my funny bone till it couldn’t be tickled anymore. Hantugerah with Japanese hosts. The mengaji nonsense – ‘Jangan diri depan garisan kuning…’. The Assalamualaikum, kum apa, combat, bat apa, batman… - brings back the childhood memories. Pochong main catching.

The cast deserves a mention. They had to sing and dance (sometimes at the same time) on top of acting. All were execellent. The actor whom I thought was good would be the one who played Romo and the Hantugerah host. My favourite would be the girl with the slang, she got my bulu romas at attention. When she was singing that almost jawa song (with the added audio effects and all) her notes pierced my soul and sent it fluttering. Aah…

On a whole, it was a pleasant, entertaining, hard to forget experience.
After it ended, it was another story all together. The lepaking at lau pa sat, coffee bean beside the river, then Starbucks at Raffles Shopping Centre.


Before the show


After the show


On our way to Lau Pa Sat they decide to jump.


At Lau Pa Sat with Ili aka Ms-salah-naik-bus.
Ili already caught the Friday night performance.

Ku tanam benih dengan penuh ragu. Tapi berputik ni semangat pabila ku lihat kepastian darimu. Biar kecil tapak mu, asalkan ia bukan tapak mengundurkan diri.

So that was the day I broke myself.

I was broke(n).
Pahlawan Putih